A useful mobile app for architects that saves time and makes you more productive is available through Box; it gives you a simple, powerful way to centralise content, revisions and comments, and make the information available anywhere, anytime—using any mobile device – to anyone.
Gehry Technologies has also partnered with Box to make BIM 3D models available to everyone on a project—from the owner to subcontractors. Users can now see a high level of detail within the BIM 3D models, allowing them to provide feedback and make informed decisions, regardless of platform or BIM 3D authoring tool.
Popular apps in the range are:
- AutoCAD WS for viewing, editing and sharing AutoCAD® drawings with anyone, anywhere using a mobile device
- FotoIn for embedding comments and information from the field straight into photos
- PlanGridfor easily managing blueprints on an iPad
- Procore for a centralised project portal to track and manage construction project information
- PunchList for creating a report of issues or discussion items for any project
Have a look at these tools at http://blog.box.com/2013/02/architecture-engineering-and-construction-firms-move-to-the-cloud/